Special Events Coordinator
The City of Littleton's Communications Department has an exciting opening for a Special Events Coordinator.
The Special Events Coordinator plans, develops, organizes, and implements community events. Markets the city's programs and services to a variety of audiences. Initiates destination marketing campaigns to bring more visitors to the city and capitalize on the opportunity for them to visit Littleton stores, restaurants and leisure activities.
The City of Littleton offers a generous benefits package including 21 vacation days and 10 paid holidays upon hire as well as access to the employee clinic...just to name a few!
- Essential Duties & Reponsibilities
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Directs the city's marketing initiatives and develops campaigns through research, analysis, material, content, and, proposal development and execution; works collaboratively to market the city through publicity, outreach, promotional strategy, advertising, and public relations best practices. Develops marketing initiatives using all of the city's platforms including social and traditional media and cable television.
- Manages the Marketing Partners program and ensures its growth and success.
- Creates campaigns, working with hotels, businesses and others such as the Historic Downtown Littleton Merchants and Aspen Grove, to maximize the potential of travelers to visit Littleton and patronize Littleton stores and restaurants.
- Expands the Shop Littleton campaign in cooperation with the Economic Development staff.
- Manages the Visit Denver membership and attends workshops and meetings to stay informed about tourism and destination marketing opportunities.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities related to special events including identifying locations, dates, and creative themes for events. Solicits and coordinates vendors, musicians, equipment, food, volunteers and non-profits.
- Looks for partnership opportunities with other agencies in both the private and non-profit sectors, and seeks sponsorships from the business community.
- Monitors trends to implement or revise current practices, prepares reports and statistical analysis.
- Serves as a member of the Communications and Marketing Department team assisting in developing strategies and communications plans for the city ensuring consistent use of the city's brand and image.
- May serve as an Emergency Worker.
- Other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS/SUPERVISORY DUTIES
This Position Reports to: Director of Communications
This Position has Supervisory Responsibility for: Temporary, Seasonal Workers
- Education, Formal Training & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Tourism Management, Hospitality or related field.
- A minimum three years of work experience in marketing and/or event management.
- Principles and practices of advertising, marketing and event planning.
- Communicate and motivate residents and visitors through creative messaging and delivery.
- Solid knowledge and abilities involving the use of electronic information systems.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Requires the following physical abilities to perform essential job functions including: lifting objects up to 50 lbs; sitting, walking, standing, ability to arrange tables, chairs, and items in training/conference rooms; use of hand trucks, climbing, balancing on step ladders; frequent stooping, crouching, reaching.
- Auditory acuity sufficient to conduct routine conversations in-person and by telephone, and hear office equipment signals and alarm tones. Ability to see with sufficient near and far acuity in various lighting conditions. Must possess depth perception, color vision, and peripheral vision to complete duties.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to adverse weather conditions.