Seasonal Worker (Traffic)
Reposting with increased wage.
The City of Littleton is seeking energetic individuals who enjoy working outdoors to join our Traffic crew as a Seasonal Traffic Worker for Summer 2022. This position will work with the Traffic crew assisting with both signs and road marking maintenance.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and is interested in working outdoors. We’re looking for someone who enjoys being part of a team and learning new things. This is a great way to get to know our Littleton team and make connections for future opportunities.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here.
This position will work a day shift (7:30 am to 4 pm) for part of the summer and an overnight shift (10 pm to 6:30 am) for part of the summer.
Starting pay $19.59 per hour
This posting will remain open until finalists are identified or the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work involves a variety of activities including street striping and marking, as well as sign repair, replacement, and installation.
- Will assist in layout of road marking.
- Installation and repair of crosswalk markings, lane markings, and symbols using paint and thermoplastic
- Removal of road markings using powered grinder
- Traffic control
- Sign survey and inspection
- Operate "follow truck" for traffic control
- Tree Trimming
- Equipment inspection and maintenance
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Requires a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, DOT drug screen and DOT physical
- Construction experience
- Maintenance experience
- Traffic control
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work with involves lifting and handling objects frequently which weigh up to 80 pounds from ground to waist height; ability to walk for 3-8 hours per day; ability to frequently handle miscellaneous maintenance equipment.
- Requires ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, feel, talk, hear voices, equipment engines, approaching traffic, near and/far visual acuity, depth perception, and color vision to perform essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of hand and power tool operation and the skill and ability to apply that knowledge to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to perform work safely in close proximity to vehicle traffic. Basic knowledge of traffic safety precautions
- Ability to effectively operate assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers at all levels.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Requires the ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Outdoor work activities include exposure to dusts, vehicle fumes, and exhausts; occasional exposure to mists, gases, poor ventilation; equipment vibration; vehicle and equipment noise occasionally reaching 125 decibels of unprotected noise exposure (the use of hearing protection devices to reduce noise exposure to permissible OSHA levels is mandatory); exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards; working on high, exposed worksites; exposure to radiant energy and burn hazards; exposure to toxic and caustic chemicals; exposure to paints, thinners, epoxy compounds, and glues. The wearing of protective gloves and eye safety goggles is mandatory while operating equipment or performing job duties that present eye and hand injury hazards.
- Other physical activities include lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 80 pounds