The City of Littleton's, Littleton Police Department's records office has a rare opening for a Records Clerk!
Records Clerks receive and process a variety of documents and information related to police and other city related incidents. Often as the first point of contact for Littleton citizens, they assist customers at the front desk and through email and telephone contact.
The salary range for this position is $18.03 - $26.11. Starting salary is typically around $22.01.
The City of Littleton has a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holiday and sick time, retirement matching and a dedicated employee health clinic...to name a few.
- Essential Duties & Reponsibilities
- Responds to internal and external customers via telephone, in-person, online, and mail and provides information, records and reports including police assistance, citations, incident reports, citizen complaints and other police department documents, correspondence, and forms while following the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).
- Extracts information from police reports and data base for crime analysis.
- Sorts, routes, files, reports, requests, and notices from the communication center, patrol, investigations, and courts.
- Processes DUI reports and citizen background checks all paperwork relating to impounded and abandoned vehicles.
- Issues and maintains database of residential parking permits.
- Takes reports from citizens by phone, online or in person regarding non-emergency and non-violent crimes.
- Codes case reports for NIBRS National Incident Based Reporting System according to FBI Regulations.
- Collect fees for records provided to internal and externals customers and balance cash drawer and take deposits to finance.
- Validating and processing electronic and paper citations.
- Electronically uploads criminal reports and supporting documentation to the appropriate judicial district.
- Following Colorado Revised Statues (CRS), processes requests for sealing and expunging of records.
- Trains new employees and temporary employees while in the training process.
- Performs other similar duties and projects as assigned.
- Education, Formal Training & Experience
- Requires high school diploma or its equivalent; and
- One (1) year of prior records management, records processing, or clerical work experience, or
- An equivalent combination of formal education, training, or work experience that provides the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform the essential functions of the position
- CCIC /NCIC Operator certification required or ability to obtain with 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with callers or visitors and deescalate situation when appropriate.
- Ability to handle conversations or knowledge of unsettling or graphic reports.
- Basic knowledge of principles of government regulation and the ability to read, interpret, apply, and communicate the requirements of selected provisions of state law, City Charter, codes, and regulations.
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and timely and good verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- The essential duties/activities for the position are performed indoors in a standard office environment.
- Long periods of sitting, walking or standing may be required. Physical activities include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects weighing up to10 pounds with or without assistance.
- Physical activities required to perform essential duties include hearing conversation, sufficient visual acuity to see people, objects and work products; reaching; and grasping.