The City of Littleton Finance Department is searching for a Grant Accountant who will be responsible for managing the reporting and fiscal compliance for citywide grants. This position will have the opportunity to work on a variety of city grants including Public Works, Police, and Community improvement grants; as well as have involvement in assisting with the implementation of Workday as the city’s new ERP system.
The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of grant administration, including communication with departments on tracking for their specific grants. The Grant Accountant assists with all grant applications and manages reporting and fiscal compliance for the City of Littleton. This position reports to the Controller but will take direction from other staff, including leadership in the Public Works Department.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities, and one of Colorado’s top five places to Raise a Family. Home to a charming and historic downtown, and a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks to our employees. For more information, please see the 2023 Benefit Guide.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at market pay and creating career development opportunities. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position with the City of Littleton.
Hiring range: $58,000 - $68,000
This full-time position is exempt per FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position and has the option to work a hybrid schedule with some days teleworking and some days working in person at the office.
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until finalists are identified or the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes appropriate systems and procedures to assist in applying for grant opportunities.
- Evaluates grant opportunities presented by various departments to ensure alignment with the city’s grant policy and fiscal goals; makes recommendations as needed.
- Manages grants that are awarded to the city utilizing project management skills and best practices.
- Oversee financial and regulatory responsibilities for all City grants.
- Prepares and coordinates submittal of financial reports per various grant requirements.
- Analyzes financial impacts and determines direct and indirect costs to help recapture expenditures.
- Works closely with city staff in various departments to monitor grant spending, reimbursement requests, and tracking.
- Monitors federal and state grant financial activities to ensure compliance with applicable rules, federal and state regulations, and accounting procedures as part of its overall grant management for operational departments and external agencies.
- Provides recommendations, process improvements, and efficiencies on grant policy and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and resolves grant administration issues for the city specific to grant budgets, billing, and proposals.
- Facilitates and assists in the grant closeout process.
Grant Process/Systems Administration
- Assists in developing, updating, and maintaining grant administration calendar, and grant applications and proposals.
- Compiles information and assists in completing necessary reports and ensures grant expenditures are on track.
- Updates and maintains grant reporting systems.
- Develops and maintains various grant forms, templates, and processes to facilitate the grants process.
- Facilitates meetings regarding project goals, objectives, timelines, budgets, and ongoing grant management.
- Assists with the development and delivery of all grants-related training.
- Creates, maintains, and updates training materials and presentations for grants training.
- May present to various stakeholders including City Council.
- Performs other similar duties and projects as assigned.
- May serve as an emergency worker.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field; and
- Two (2) years of experience in grant management; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and work experience that produces the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position may be considered.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Three (3) or more years of grant management experience
- Previous experience with municipal grant accounting
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of local, state and federal grant application, award and regulatory processes.
- Grant management and project management skills.
- Financial reporting knowledge, statistical analysis skills, grant accounting and policy analysis experience.
- Independent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Maintains working knowledge of federal regulations governing grants and audit requirements.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with internal and external departments and agencies, including, federal, state, local, and nonprofit agencies.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- The essential duties/activities for the position are performed indoors in a standard office environment.
- Long periods of sitting, walking or standing may be required. Physical activities include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects weighing up to 10 pounds with or without assistance.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3952365