Enterprise Applications Engineer
The City of Littleton has an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Applications Engineer to join our dynamic and forward-thinking IT team.
The Enterprise Applications Engineer is responsible for the leadership, development, and oversight of program architecture across the organization. This position serves as a subject matter expert across the organization for researching, analyzing, creating, configuring, upgrading, and supporting the city’s enterprise, third party and internally developed software systems. Helping to chart the city’s data and application rationalization strategy will be a key initiative for this position.
This position will come onboard at a time when the City of Littleton is embarking on a variety of new projects, including implementing a new ERP system and will have the opportunity to partner with staff through this ERP life cycle implementation.
The ideal candidate has experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation as well as managing a variety of IT projects including business requirements gathering through user acceptance testing, implementation, and maintenance. The ideal candidate is a people person and strategic partner to our employees and departments and is technically minded with the ability to communicate specifications and requirements in an easy-to-understand way for a variety of audiences.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities, and one of Colorado’s top five places to Raise a Family. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks to our employees. For more information, please see the 2023 Benefit Guide.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at market pay and creating career development opportunities. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position with the City of Littleton.
Hiring Range $110,000 - $125,000 per year
This full-time position is exempt per FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position and has the option to work a hybrid schedule with some days teleworking and some days working in person at the office.
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until finalists are identified or the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that different technologies, standards, processes, tools, and architectures are interwoven into a stable, secure and effective technology platform.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluation, analysis, problem definition, requirements gathering, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Performs gap analyses of as-is and to-be systems and processes including eliciting bids, analyzing solutions, documenting processes, and verifying requirements and operational needs and goals.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and identifying opportunities to automate and/or improve efficiency of existing business processes.
- Partners with business leaders to understand the business strategy and converts that strategy into an ongoing technology vision/strategy/roadmap that supports the needs of the business. Aligns business initiatives with the enterprise architecture.
- Develops deep knowledge of business unit/function and builds both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and IT leaders that deliver business impact.
- Develops and maintains process models and mappings of the enterprise architectural landscape and coordinates all enterprise architecture plans and activities.
- Assists with managing projects by leading and/or assisting in the definition of project scope and objectives, ensuring resource availability and allocation, developing a detailed project plan, managing changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs, managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders, performing risk management. performing change management, and creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Obtains and licenses software by evaluating new solutions to help in infrastructure cost containment or reduction, obtains required information from vendors, recommends purchases, tests and approves products.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors to ensure service levels are met and exceeded, where possible.
- Authorizes and administers security for various software systems including determining security requirements for access to critical files.
- Administers data and/or entire databases for efficiency, ease of access, etc. Identifies data integrity and database performance issues and implements appropriate fixes using best practices for the target database management system.
- Designs, prepares and modifies reports for multiple software systems using a variety of report writers.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation in the form of procedural steps, operations manuals, functional specifications, and/or user guides for new and existing software systems.
- Evaluates and responds to requests for service and assistance from users and customers as called upon regarding network systems and workstations. Provides realistic and feasible technical solutions for the city's information technology needs. Identifies, evaluates and purchases computer software and hardware.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Serves as liaison and facilitator between assigned business units, consultants, customers and management to assist in addressing and resolving software related issues.
- Investigates, diagnoses, and resolves application functionality related issues, and provides support and troubleshooting for the city’s enterprise, internally developed and third-party software systems and databases.
- Protects operational environment by keeping information and data confidential and secure.
- Trains users and provides technical expertise and recommendations in assessing, recommending and implementing C.O.T.S. (Commercial off the shelf software) systems that enhance the city’s existing software environment.
- May serve as emergency worker.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or similar; and
- Five (5) years of experience developing and maintaining enterprise software applications; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and work experience that produces the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
- Experience implementing or maintaining Workday, Oracle, or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to network, build effective working partnerships, and navigate city wide business practices and department functions.
- Experience developing desktop software, console applications, client/server, and web-based applications using Microsoft and other development tools.
- Solid knowledge of and ability to develop, enhance, and support COTS, SaaS, and custom applications, using Microsoft and other development tools.
- Expert knowledge of database development using T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple MS SQL databases that comply with industry standards and exceptional technical design.
- Working knowledge of relational and object-oriented database concepts, modeling, design, creation and maintenance.
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting technologies.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, solid knowledge of security techniques, basic knowledge of e-mail systems, internet browsers, and the skill and ability to apply that knowledge to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of ITIL framework.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Requires expert knowledge and understanding of, and the ability to stay current with the changing field of information technology, including its applications and current practices and uses.
- Requires advanced interpersonal, oral and written skills, the ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals, the ability to act with tact, good judgment and discretion, the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines, the ability to maintain the confidentiality of matters, as appropriate.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Physical activities include visual discrimination, color vision and field of vision. talking, and hearing. lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects weighing up to 40 pounds with or without assistance.
- Long periods of sitting, standing or walking may be required.
- Environmental conditions encountered in this position include constant exposure to light noise associated with humming of computer and cabinet fans.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3896378