Business Support Assistant - Bilingual (Littleton Immigrant Resources Center)
The City of Littleton is seeking a part-time bilingual (Spanish/English) Business Support Assistant for the Littleton Immigrant Resources Center (LIRC) at Bemis Library.
The LIRC Business Support Assistant provides information and customer services to callers, visitors, and staff of the Littleton Immigrant Resources Center as well as performs a variety of general administrative functions. The information and services are provided primarily in person to visitors and by email or telephone to callers, mainly constituted by immigrants. This position will serve as the first point of contact for the LIRC.
The ideal candidate is a service-oriented person who is bilingual in both English and Spanish. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds and will treat others with respect, taking consideration for others by recognizing their value, seeking diverse perspectives, and being open to receiving and providing feedback, and demonstrating inclusion, fairness, equity, dignity, and respect for all individuals. The ideal candidate will have a background in reception, administration, or a call center. Exceptional candidates will have excellent customer service skills, a strong sense of service, and the ability to communicate with a variety of people effectively and courteously. We believe strongly in supporting our staff members in learning and growing professionally and this part-time Business Support position is a great opportunity to help the community in the City of Littleton.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities, and one of Colorado’s top five places to Raise a Family. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks to our employees.
This position will work 20 hours per week and is eligible for part-time benefits, which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement matching, and paid time off. For more information, please see our 2023 Benefit Guide.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at market pay and career development opportunities. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position with the City of Littleton.
Starting pay at or near $20.00 per hour
This part-time position is non-exempt per FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Typical work week: Monday to Friday
- Hours/week: 20
- This is an onsite, in person position with no option for telework
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until finalists are identified or the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the Immigrant Resources Center’s receptionist to courteously and promptly greet visitors, telephone callers, and staff members. Through questioning determines customers' needs, answers questions, and provides information.
- Assists in the daily activities of the Immigrant Resources Center providing support to the LIRC Supervisor.
- Schedules appointments for customers providing clear and concise information.
- Provides support to ESL classes, Language Partners and International Conversation making copies, scanning documents, and arranging rooms.
- Handles payments for classes, tutoring and legal services.
- Performs clerical work that includes organizing and filing paperwork according to set standards, organizing information electronically, preparing and sending mail, and working with a copier and on a computer, scan, copy, and file documents.
- Counts weekly cash receipts and prepares cash register drawer for use; enters weekly receipts in financial software and/or related spreadsheets.
- Transports mail, cash deposits, and other items to/from City Center when needed.
- Enters confidential information on client’s database.
- Schedules meeting rooms for public groups and staff; confirms that public groups meet set standards for using meeting rooms.
- Provides information regarding other City departments and local events or refers clients to other organizations when LIRC cannot provide the service needed.
- Observes and follows established City and department policies and procedures in the daily conduct of the job.
- Assists visitors or staff in emergency situations by following written procedures in instruction notebook. Telephones for emergency medical assistance as necessary.
- May Serve as an Emergency Worker.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent; and
- A minimum of one (1) year previous work experience in a customer service and clerical support related position with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and work experience that produces the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position may be considered.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to effectively and courteously communicate and interact with visitors, callers, and staff members who request information and services. Customers may occasionally be angry, argumentative, or disagreeable.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with people from various cultures.
- Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to establish and conduct verbal communications through speaking, talking, and hearing, especially in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Office (calendars and other applications) or similar software.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- The essential duties for the position are performed indoors in a standard indoor office environment.
- Physical activities include the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull objects weighing up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $20/hour
$20 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3958824