Summer Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Worker
Enjoy working outside? Are you looking for a stable summer job? The City of Littleton is seeking
energetic individuals interested in gaining great municipal experience as a Grounds Maintenance Worker. This is a great way to get to know our Littleton team and make connections for future opportunities.
Days and hours may be variable and/or can work up to 40 hours per week. Work schedules are flexible.
New Seasonal Employee: $15.50 per hour
Returning Seasonal Employee: $16.00 per hour
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains planted and landscaped outdoor areas of City-owned properties in a healthy and attractive condition including mowing, weeding, planting, removing litter, aerating, fertilizing and other related duties.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Requires a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, drug screen and physical.
- Irrigation experience
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the operation and maintenance to safely operate the following power equipment and vehicles: riding lawn mowers, walk behind mowers, pickup truck with utility trailers and string trimmers.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work which involves lifting and handling objects frequently which weigh up to 80 pounds from ground to waist height; ability to walk for 3-8 hours per day; ability to frequently handle miscellaneous maintenance equipment and grass clippings weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally pushing riding mowers.
- Requires ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, feel, talk, hear voices, equipment engines, approaching traffic, near and/far visual acuity, depth perception, and color vision to perform essential functions of the position.
- Basic knowledge of traffic safety precautions.
- Basic knowledge to safely operate the following equipment and vehicles: pickup truck with mounted water tank, dump truck with hydraulic bed; hand shovels, backpack weed sprayer, rototiller, rakes, pick axes. Ability to operate tree chipper and gasoline engine powered chain saw following instruction and on-the-job training.
- Basic knowledge of or the ability to learn the principles of landscape, landscape construction and maintenance; tree and shrub planting, watering, care, and pruning.
- Basic knowledge of flower planting and care, weed identification, and control, soil preparation, and fertilization.
- Ability to perform work safely in close proximity to vehicle traffic. Basic knowledge of traffic safety precautions.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction.