Seasonal Winter Grounds Maintenance Worker
The City of Littleton is seeking energetic individuals who enjoy working outside. Gain great municipal experience and help keep our city properties and community beautiful as a seasonal Grounds Maintenance Worker. This is a great way to get to know our Littleton team and make connections for future opportunities.
Positions needed between October 15, 2020 and April 15, 2021 to work 40 hours per week with some possible overtime. Work schedules can be flexible.
Starting Pay: $15.50 per hour
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Outdoor grounds maintenance work including mowing, raking leaves, snow and ice removal, litter removal, cleaning and maintenance of outdoor spaces, installation and removal of holiday lighting and decorations, and other related duties.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Requires a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, drug screen and physical.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the operation and maintenance to safely operate the following power equipment and vehicles: riding lawn mowers, walk behind mowers, pickup truck with utility trailers and string trimmers.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work which involves lifting and handling objects frequently which weigh up to 80 pounds from ground to waist height; ability to walk for 3-8 hours per day; ability to frequently handle miscellaneous maintenance equipment and grass clippings weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally pushing riding mowers.
- Requires ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, feel, talk, hear voices, equipment engines, approaching traffic, near and/far visual acuity, depth perception, and color vision to perform essential functions of the position.
- Basic knowledge of traffic safety precautions.
- Basic knowledge to safely operate the following equipment and vehicles: pickup truck with mounted water tank, dump truck with hydraulic bed; hand shovels, backpack weed sprayer, rototiller, rakes, pick axes. Ability to operate tree chipper and gasoline engine powered chain saw following instruction and on-the-job training.
- Basic knowledge of or the ability to learn the principles of landscape, landscape construction and maintenance; tree and shrub planting, watering, care, and pruning.
- Basic knowledge of flower planting and care, weed identification, and control, soil preparation, and fertilization.
- Ability to perform work safely in close proximity to vehicle traffic. Basic knowledge of traffic safety precautions.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction.