Recruiter (Grant Funded - Benefit Eligible)
This is a Federally Grant Funded term-limited position through December 2021 and may be extended annually through December 2024.
This may be filled as one full-time position (40 hours per week) or two part-time positions (20 hours per week). This position is benefit eligible based on full-time or part-time status (see benefit guide for more information).
As a Recruiter for the City of Littleton, you will partner with hiring managers to develop and implement recruitment strategies for a variety of positions across all city departments.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience recruiting for a wide variety of positions and will bring a passion for connecting people with the right opportunity. You will love this job if you are innovative, collaborative, intrinsically motivated, and excited to learn and grow professionally. The ideal candidate puts customers first, has strong interpersonal skills, is organized, detail oriented, and understands full cycle recruitment processes up to and including onboarding. This position will take direction from the Sr. HR Analyst and assist with in person on-boarding.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks to our employees. For more information, please see our Benefit Guide.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at market pay and career development opportunities. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position with the City of Littleton
Starting salary at or near $37.27 per hour
This position is exempt per FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Work Schedule: Typically Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. This position will initially be required to work in person at the office for training but will eventually have the option to work a hybrid schedule with some days teleworking and some days working in person at the office.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is established, but preference will be given to complete applications received by August 5, 2021. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively partners with hiring managers in planning and implementing recruitment processes and strategies.
- Responds effectively and timely to questions and inquiries from applicants, employees, and management regarding recruitment matters.
- Makes recommendations regarding candidate qualifications and hiring decisions.
- Conducts final screening, review of work experience and partners with the compensation analyst to establish rates of pay.
- Conducts reference checking and manages pre-employment screening processes.
- Assists with coordinating and developing new hire orientation, including onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Prepares and delivers conditional and/or final offers of employment to successful candidates.
- Negotiates salary and understands scope of authority when making conditional offers of employment.
- Provides objective interpretation, guidance, and assistance on city policies and procedures to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Researches and determines strategies by identifying organizational needs for career fairs, trainings, and other opportunities to increase talent pool.
- Collaborates with managers and supervisors to develop applicant evaluation and testing methods and tools.
- Ensures that all employment and personnel records are filed timely and maintained in accordance with established records retention procedures.
- May provide back up support and assistance to other functional areas.
- May be assigned to citywide projects to represent the Human Resources department.
- May serve as emergency worker.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, and
- Three (3) or more years of recruiting experience, or
- An equivalent combination of formal education, training and work experience that produces the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position may be considered.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- A blend of public and private sector recruiting experience
- Experience with NEOGOV applicant tracking system, or similar ATS tools
- Experience providing creative solutions for difficult to fill positions
- Experience recruiting in a teleworking environment
- Experience with full cycle recruitment processes up to and including onboarding
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and ability to manage recruitment processes, including difficult to fill positions.
- Advanced knowledge of employment law, including pre- and post-employment processes.
- Ability to utilize NEOGOV for essential duties and reporting and performance measure tracking.
- Basic knowledge of compensation structure and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and appropriately inform others without prompting.
- Provides updates regularly and/or at critical moments or when appropriate.
- Ability to recognize and identify areas for process improvement, understand impact of changes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and customer service requests.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- In addition to the telework environment, work is primarily conducted in a standard office environment. Minimal outdoor work includes travel to/from other offices or facilities for meetings.
- Long periods of sitting, standing or walking may be required.
- Requires the following physical abilities to perform essential job functions: lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects weighing up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.