Project Manager - Community Development
The Community Development Department at the City of Littleton is searching for a highly organized, goal oriented, project management professional. The Project manager will have the knowledge and experience to define, organize and help implement the complex cities planning projects for current, long-range planning and historic preservation. This position utilizes and provides project management tools and assistance for projects from original concept through final implementation. This position reports directly to the Community Development Director and will provide project management assistance for planning projects within the Community Development Department.
Upcoming projects include the City of Littleton's long range vision, called Envision Littleton and the City's new Comprehensive Plan!
The City of Littleton offers a generous benefits package including 4 weeks off of paid vacation/floating holiday per year, low medical premiums + free dental and vision, retirement matching and a free employee health clinic...to name a few.
- Essential Duties & Reponsibilities
- Defines project scope and objectives, detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Defines roles and responsibilities of those assigned to the project.
- Facilitates project meetings with staff to determine resources needed to ensure project scope is successful, executed on time and within budget.
- Provides support to department staff by coordination of projects, using and developing presentations.
- Coordinates communication between staff, and on behalf of the Director regarding project deadlines, status updates or other communication needs.
- Works across the department and the organization to ensure consistent project methodology and approaches.
- Identifies, establishes and documents new ways to improve processes and efficiencies within the department.
- May assign and monitor project tasks for administrative and other technical staff.
- Participates in plan review process and assist with analyzing project and redevelopment project feasibility.
- Develops requests for proposals (RFP's)
- May interact with development applicants, recommending the most viable process and options for project development.
- Assist with project research, best practices and other special projects
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other special projects and assignments, which may be in current, long range planning or historic preservation as required.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- This Position Reports To: Community Development Director
- This Position has Supervision over: None
- Education, Formal Training & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years project management experience in local government.
- Experience managing projects within a Community Development or Planning Department will be beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, project management, and presentation skills.
- The ability to effectively manage projects, utilizing exceptional interpersonal skills in lieu of supervisory authority.
- Knowledge of community development principles and public policy is beneficial but not required.
- The ability to understand, translate and document technical information into non-technical language when appropriate.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and elected officials;
- Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Resolve problems in a political environment, research as well as promote creative solutions to land planning, and redevelopment problems.