|The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.|
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Sweeps and mops floors and/or vacuums carpet.
- Dusts and washes surfaces. Surfaces include desks, counter tops, fixtures, elevators and other cleanable objects in assigned buildings.
- Cleans, mops, and disinfects and sanitizes restroom floors, sinks, toilets, and mirrors.
- Empties trash and recycle containers and disposes of trash and recycle containers in appropriate receptacles.
- Cleans windows and glass or mirror surfaces to remove dirt, grease, or fingerprints, etc.
- Tracks and orders cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Observes and follows established City and department policies and procedures in the daily conduct of the job.
- Plans and arranges work schedule and establishes priorities to complete scheduled assigned work within parameters assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required / mandated by supervisor.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment ot clean areas.
- May remove stains from surfaces such as rugs, drapes, walls floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Addresses custodial concerns identified by customers.
- Delivers services to customers and staff.
- May serve as an Emergency Worker.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager and/or Division Administrative Coordinator.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required
This Position Reports To: Building Maintenance Supervisor
This Position Has Supervisory Responsibility For: N/A
- Customer-Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:|
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Requires knowledge of the principles and techniques of cleaning floors, restrooms, glass, mirrors, objects, and surfaces within assigned areas.
- Requires sufficient skill and the ability to: operate push and hand brooms, electric vacuums and buffers; prepare and apply cleaning solutions and waxes; remove dirt, grease, dust, and fingerprints from surfaces.
- Ability to operate hand and power cleaning equipment; skill, and ability to properly mix cleaning solutions according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mental duties needed to perform the essential functions of this position include Initiative, patience, visual discrimination, aesthetic sense, memory, and judgment.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Reads and understands written information.
- The work is performed mostly indoors in the following buildings: Littleton Center, Courthouse, Police Neighborhood liaison offices (NLO), and the Belleview Service Center.
- Long periods of standing or walking may be required.
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 70 pounds; climbing stools and ladders to clean windows, walls, or change light bulbs; kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching, crouching, and handling to perform essential duties.
- Work environment includes exposure to noise from vacuums and buffers; odors from cleaning solutions; dust, dirt, grease, water, and chemical compounds